Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Vitamins & Deodorant


I was just sitting down talking with my husband about Vitamins and what not and how I take a crapload of them. I love them. They make me feel good!

What I take:

-Prenatal-
(Though I am not Preg, I am nursing and I have been taking this Vit for a couple years now. It rocks)
It's a great multivitamin in my opinion.

-Biotin-
Benefits: The benefits of Biotin are primarily to treat Biotin deficiency. Signs of Biotin deficiency include thin hair, brittle nails, balding, a rash located on facial areas as well as depression, loss of appetite, hallucinations, numbness in body extremes, fatigue and lethargy. So since I had a baby 5 1/2 months ago, I am balding. And it is not cute. Therefore I have begun taking Biotin faithfully and am hoping for positive results soon.

-Iron-
I am iron deficient and so I take an extra iron supplement on top of what's in my prenatal.
The Benefits of Iron: ENERGY.
Tired all the time? Take an Iron supplement. Or eat a hamburger. During my pregnancy I ate In-N-Out every night for a week cause I,
1. Needed Iron (hence the burger)
2. Because it's delicious.

-B-Complex-
Benefits: It is FILLED with amazing things! All your B vitamins including Folic Acid, and Biotin.
My sister was telling me she was talking to a client who was so happy and positive and she asked what she does to be so happy and her answer: she takes B vitamins! I was sold after hearing that story, now, I can't live without them.



Alright so after we were discussing Vitamins, we got onto a topic he read about regarding
"anti-perspirant" deodorants.

Sources:
Read HERE
And HERE

And you can look up many other reasons why you should not use an anti-perspirant deodorant.
Not gonna lie, I am a Dove girl. But after doing my research, I will be switching over completely.
Adidas carries a great Deodorant that is not an anti-persirant but it includes cotton to soak up any kind of excretion (sweat).
I will buy. :]


And there you have it! Just an interesting tid-bit.



2 comments:

  1. Do these vitamins go for men as well? I'm taking Prenatal (No I'm not pregnant.lol), but I think I want to start taking the B Complex as well. I won't give my husband the Prenatal ones (weird), but are the B complex ones okay for him to take? Ps, One time Alex asked me if he took prenatals, would he'd grow boobs. I THINK he was kidding.
    lol

    Oh and where the heck do I find non anti-perspirant deodorant??? Is it online only??

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! B Complex is for anyone! :] Hahahaha that's so funny about if he were to grow boobs. No. Not possible! I actually found some at Target. The brand was called Tom's. It's a little hippiesh but will do. :] Ps. Sorry for this response being almost a month late...

    ReplyDelete