Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What's in Your Makeup Bag??

I LOVE Makeup. I always have. I remember jabbing a mascara brush in my eyeball when I was like 4 because I wanted to be like my sisters and wear makeup. When I went to aesthetics school, I originally went so I could have the skills to be a professional makeup artist. Little did I know, in school, we lightly touched on makeup and I didn't learn nearly enough about product but I did learn a lot about ingredients in makeup.
Annnnyyywaaayyyyy I want to share with you my daily makeup products. These are the products I use every single day when I put on my makeup in the morning.
(Colors will change based on the event, but generally this is what I use :])


Step One: Concealer.
I use Mac's Select Cover-Up and am obsessed. I love this stuff so much! I generally use it under my eyes, dabbing a small amount, letting it sit for about 30 seconds then blending it in. You can you a concealer brush but I'm lazy and use my finger.

Step Two: Tinted Moisturizer
I'm not so much a foundation girl, I don't like the feeling of goo all over my face. Plus, I don't really need it. So, for a nice thin shield to cover some of my imperfections, I use
Dermalogica's Sheer Tint Moisture. This stuff is so awesome. Plus, it has an spf which you should always find a foundation or moisturizer with one because you ALWAYS should be protecting your skin from the sun. :]


3. Primer
Love Primer! Especially Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion. It helps your eyeshadow stay on all day long and leaves no yucky crease! Love love love.

4. Powder
I love Cliniques loose powders. They are very sheer and light and are really good to just brush on and dash out the door leaving a clean crisp look.

5. Shadow
Have I said I am obsessed with Urban Decay? Their eyeshadows are ridiculous. They have so many awesome color pallets too. Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, and Stray Dog are my top two absolute favs!

6. Liner
I'm not picky with eyeliner. Although there are some that will bleed and run and create that goop in your tear ducts but I find pencils way better than liquid liner. I only put eyeliner on the bottom inner part of my eyelids not on top, only because I have smaller eyes and darkening them on top will make them look even smaller. No no. Don't want that. So I just get whatever eyeliner I feel like!

7. Mascara
Holy Amazing! Maybellines Colassal Volume Mascara is awesome! I'm sure many of you use this. Good choice. I also really like Loreals Telescopic Eyes mascara too. There's no need to buy a tube of 20 dollar mascara when there are perfectly perfect ones at Target!
8. Rouge aka Blush
Everyone needs blush. Nope. You need it. Because, it's cute. NARS. Ohhh myyy. All of it is incredible. Especially their Super Orgasm powder blush.
The name will have you back for more. Inappropriate? Nahh.
9. Bronzer
K. This technically isn't a "bronzer" but it's close eneough. Mac's Mineralize Skinfinish. Once again, LOVE. I am a fan of sparkle and shine and this tops off the perfect glow for your cute cheeks. Mmmm.
10. LipLiner
Lip Liner is so great in highlighting those luscious kissers. It just helps to make your final steps complete. Don't choose a dark color please? This isn't 1997. Xoxo. I choose Mac's lip liners. They last forever and just using a very neutral color creates a very natural look.

I'm sorry but Mac is awesome. I've had and used almost all of their glorious lipglosses. I'm no fan of lipstick so I finish off my ready to go look with a few swipes of LipGlass.
And there you have it. This is what's in my makeup bag. :]

2 comments:

  1. About 1/2 of those are in my makeup bag! LOVE them! Thanks for the great tips... keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! I've been wanting to try Mac but didn't want to buy online till I've seen it in person and we don't have a store nearby. Love urban decay primer potion though. Thanks for a fun list.... maybe I'll forward this to my husband :)

    ReplyDelete