Friday, April 22, 2011

Softening Stretch Mark Lines

Next question to answer?

"can you do a post about making stretch marks look better without spending tons of $$?"

I have been wanting to do a "stretch mark" post so I am really glad you asked Karen!
First off, what your poor body goes through during pregnancy is simply horrifying. And let's not talk about what you look like in the mirror post pardom...

In my whole pregnancy since the day I had found out a bun was in the oven, I stayed faithful putting on my creams and butters every single night.
The result?

I have NO STRETCH MARKS
on my tummy that is.

Now the girls upstairs, that I neglected from lathering with my creams and butters therefore, scarred all over. Looks like cat scratches. Luckily for me they are beginning to fade but oh how I wish I could go back and be more aware that my tummy is not the only place I can get SM.
(Also going from a 34C to a 34E doesn't help either. Oh gosh.)

ANYWHO.
I tried an assortment of different lotions, butters, creams. The more the merrier right?

What I used:

*Queen Haan Cocoa Butter
*Palmers Tummy Butter (not the lotion, the actual butter, comes in a tin jar.)
*Vaseline Cocoa Butter

Now, what to do about my poor chest?

VITAMIN E.

I bought a little squirt container of Vit. E and have been putting it on everyday after I shower and before bed. I am telling you, this stuff is amazing. It's not going to get rid of your SM but it surely will reduce them. I also bought some Vitamin E lotion and put that all over as well and am really seeing some improvements.
I am so embarrassed for summer to come and putting on a bathing suit so I really am trying to dedicate myself to taking care of these nasty scars!

I am going to go above and beyond and purchase some Mederma (which is pretty pricey) but I am sure it will be worth it. I have heard that stuff works wonders.


Products to search for in the stores:
*Palmers Tummy Butter
*Cocoa Butters (I would recommend really any kind)
*Vitamin E
*Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy
*The Spoiled Mama's Tummy Butter
*Castor Oil
*Glycolic Acid
*And I am sure there are so many more products this is just what I can think of off the top of my head!

Good luck and let me know of your results!

Happy Friday!

PS. Remember to FOLLOW ME.
Once I get to 30 Followers I will do a giveaway :]

2 comments:

  1. hey! i have a question for you.... how long does laser hair removal work? can i bet on a year? 6 months?

    ReplyDelete