Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Heel Fissures

The word is gross, let's be honest. A heel fissure is the technical term for cracked heels caused from extremely dry skin. I have 100% my mothers skin, which is DRY. I literally have to slap on all the creams and butters daily (especially in the winter). If I wear any kind of sandal or open back shoe in the winter, my heels will crack and bleed and it hurts so bad! What I do for this, with immediate pain, I will squirt some super glue in it to close up the wound. I know sounds weird but I actually heard about it from my father-in-law who is a farmer and outside all day long. I get little cracks up by the ends of my fingernails too on the skin and I'm telling you, that super glue works wonders. Trust me.
To care for my aching feet and hands, I use dun da daaaaa VASELINE and socks. Also I always keep one of those foot scrubbers in my shower and scrub a dub dub daily, then on goes the vas and socks.




So for those of you struggling with the nasty dry winter feet and hands, Vaseline should be your best friend.

Just one more tip on having healthy skin!



Did you know, it is important to keep your hands and feet well manicured.
It's a sanitary thing really.
No one likes unpedicured toes!
(Plus an excuse to go get one ;])

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing.
    I also make my own shower oil, toner and body scrub.
    Are you an esthetician?
    I am but cant afford to do it as a living. I need my hourly pay and benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am an esthetician! I just do a few things out of my home to keep it up. It really is an expensive industry but I love it so much. I am a stay at home mom and am pretty much only good for giving skincare advice now since I have a 3 month old to take care of. Thanks for reading! :]

    ReplyDelete